Many of the crimes that are defined as felonies in Florida involve the use of weapons or violence; however, these are not the only types of crimes that can be charged as felonies. Whatever felony charges you find yourself facing, it’s important to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney that can challenge the prosecution’s claims and fight for reduced or dismissed charges.
Why Choose Our Fort Myers Felony Attorneys?
- Both rated 10.0 out of 10.0 Superb by Avvo
- Highly Experienced in Criminal Trial Law
- Former prosecutor battling for your rights
- 40 years of collective legal experience
- Track record of case dismissals and charge reductions
Without a skilled felony defense lawyer at your back, you could find your future severely impeded due to being convicted as a felon. A conviction at this level could mean that you have difficulty getting a job, qualifying for an educational loan, or obtaining housing!
How Serious is a Felony in Florida?
Any type of felony conviction could mean decades in prison plus life with a felony conviction on your record. Florida still enacts the death penalty, which means you could be facing the most severe consequence for committing a felony in this state. You can't afford to try and fight your charges on your own! Get our defense team behind you today.
Understanding the Consequences of Felony Convictions
Being charged with a felony crime is a serious matter that can have long-lasting consequences. It is important to understand the potential impact of a felony conviction in Florida and how it can affect your life.
Some of the consequences of a felony conviction include:
- Lengthy prison sentences: Felony crimes carry more severe penalties compared to misdemeanors. Depending on the nature of the offense, you could face years or even decades in prison.
- Loss of civil rights: Convicted felons may lose certain civil rights, such as the right to vote, hold public office, or possess firearms.
- Difficulty finding employment: Having a felony on your record can make it challenging to secure employment. Many employers conduct background checks, and a felony conviction can significantly impact your chances of getting hired.
- Housing and rental limitations: Some landlords may have policies in place that prohibit renting to individuals with felony convictions. This can make finding suitable housing more difficult.
- Professional licensing restrictions: Certain professions require individuals to hold licenses or certifications. A felony conviction can result in the revocation or denial of these licenses, limiting your career options.
At Calvo & Calvo, our experienced Fort Meyers felony lawyers understand the gravity of these consequences and are dedicated to providing you with a strong defense. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact our Fort Meyers felony lawyers today to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal options.
Contact Our Felony Lawyers Today
When you work with Calvo & Calvo, Attorneys At Law, we will go above and beyond to craft a strong defense for your case. Our Fort Myers felony lawyer is comprised of a former prosecutor and a highly experienced trial attorney, giving us a unique and powerful approach to each and every case we take on. We will carefully review any evidence against you, cross-examine witnesses, gather our own reports, and do anything else necessary to build the strongest defense possible.
Contact Calvo & Calvo, Attorneys At Law, today to get started on your defense with our Fort Myers felony attorneys.
5-Star Reviews From Our Clients
"Jose made me feel confident from our first conversation and throughout the legal process that everything would be OK. He is a calming presence and walks the walk of what you will discuss and work on with him. Very highly recommended."Anonymous
"Mr. Calvo was very knowledgeable and professional. He directed me through a very complicated situation with ease and confidence. I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends."Ron K.
"Mr. Calvo was a huge help with a situation I got into while I was on vacation a couple years ago. He fought tooth and nail for me and made sure everything was ok, all while we were thousands of miles apart. I can't thank him enough!"Kerri